Home from Hospital Service
The Derbyshire Home from Hospital Service provides practical support for vulnerable people leaving hospital, or those living at home but at risk of being admitted.
Who can use the service?
Anyone who lives in Derbyshire (outside Derby City) or is registered with a GP in Derbyshire and has limited support from family or friends.
What sort of help does the service offer?
• Undertaking simple shopping
• Making sure the home environment is warm and comfortable
• Arranging for key safes to be fitted and community alarm or telecare systems to be provided if needed
• Supporting people to pay bills and make appointments
• Collecting medication prescriptions
• Helping people to find out about and access community activities to keep them connected to their communities
• Helping people to understand care options and plan what they need for the future
• Signposting people to other statutory, voluntary sector and community organisations as appropriate.
Who can make referrals?
Anyone can make a referral including self-referrals.
How to make a referral:
Please call 01283 817417 Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 4.30pm (an answerphone is available outside these hours) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Carers Emergency Card Survey 2022
Adult Care Commissioning is asking DCA to capture carers views on the Derbyshire carers emergency ca...Read more
Loneliness Awareness Week: 8 Ways to Stay Socialised
Working as a carer can be extremely rewarding as you provide valuable support and have meanin...Read more