Carer Support and Carers Assessments
Carer Support Workers
Carer Support Workers offer information, advice and support to Carers across the County of Derbyshire on a wide range of issues to assist them in their caring role.
They provide assistance via telephone, home visits and Carer Support Groups.
Please see COVID19 link to read how we are supporting Carers during this difficult time.
A Carers Assessment will help to identify the support you need as a Carer and the things that could make your caring role easier for you. It can provide access to support such as:
• Information about the condition or illness of the person you care for and signposting to support services.
• Information about Carer Support Groups
• Information and help to access any training courses available to you (for example, moving and handling)
• Information on how your GP can support you
• Advice about how to get a balance between caring and your health & wellbeing
• Services to enable you to have a break from your caring role
• Help to make a plan in case of an emergency or crisis
• Advice on how to access services such as housing, employment support and education
Please complete our referral form should you wish to access our support services for yourself or someone else. Or if you would prefer to discuss your needs further please don’t hesitate to call 01773 833833
For further information on support available to Carers in your local area, please visit: Carers in Derbyshire - Carers Directory
Carers Emergency Card Survey 2022
Adult Care Commissioning is asking DCA to capture carers views on the Derbyshire carers emergency ca...Read more
Loneliness Awareness Week: 8 Ways to Stay Socialised
Working as a carer can be extremely rewarding as you provide valuable support and have meanin...Read more