Telephone Befriender's Wanted
Make a difference today!
Our Telephone Befriending service aims to provide a regular friendly phone-call from a trained Volunteer) for companionship, a listening ear and support to isolated Carers living in Derbyshire (excluding Derby city) who are in NEED of social contact.
What does a Telephone Befriender do?
· Call someone once a week for a friendly, confidential chat. (Calls should last no more than 20 mins – it is not for counselling or to give medical or financial advice)
· Calls can be made from your own home.
· Alleviate the loneliness and isolation a caring role can bring.
· Provide companionship, support and a listening ear.
· Signpost as appropriate onto other services through the Befriending Coordinator.
There are no qualifications needed and the skills required to volunteer are simply the willingness to listen, patience and ability to take notice.
If you would like more information please contact us on 01773 833 833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org