Help getting to your COVID-19 vaccination appointments
DCC are doing all they can to support Derbyshire residents to take up their COVID-19 vaccination
– including helping anyone struggling to attend when invited.
If you don’t have transport, and can’t use buses, local Active Travel providers can help by offering door to door transport to and from vaccination appointments. There’s a charge for this service which varies depending on how far you need to travel.
If you can’t afford to travel to and from your vaccination appointment, you may be eligible for free transport from an Active Travel provider if you or your partner (including civil partner) receive any of the following benefits:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Working Tax Credit (WTC) with Child Tax Credit (CTC)
• WTC with a disability element or a severe disability element
• CTC but you’re not eligible for WTC
• Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
• Universal Credit
Their Community Response Unit (CRU) can help you find out if you qualify to get your vaccination journey paid for and help make arrangements through the Active Travel scheme.
The Community Response Unit is open on Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm on 01629 535091 or complete the online form at www.derbyshire.gov.uk/gethelp